04 January 2012

ropes

Barry Edwards (aka Boatropes) has a good reputation on the Song of the Paddle forum. I've bought throw bags from him in the past and they're as good as any of the commercial ones (actually better than most), but what makes him stand out is the customer service.

I wasn't sure what sort of rope to get for the painters and leashes on our new boat. I just asked Barry and he came straight back with:


2x painters - 10mm is by far the most popular, yellow or orange floating doublebraid - £7.04
2x leashes - 6.3mm is the most popular, non floating polyester doublebraid, - £2.20.

So they're winging their way to me right now - and by previous experience, I won't be surprised if they arrive tomorrow morning.


That price is good as well, which always helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment