05 January 2010

Where? to Where?

Not being English myself, I'd never even heard of either St. Bees, or Robin Hood's Bay.

I know a bit about bees (Mmmm, Honey; Aow, Stingy) and I've seen Robin Hood, Men in Tights, and can still play the guitar solo to Bryan Adams' "Everything I do, I do it for you" but if I'm actually going to go to either of these places, I need to improve on that.

Thankfully we've got Multimap, Bing and Google all crying out to help. The map on the right is the British Isles, with a little piece of England highlighted.



The map below is of that little piece of England all blown up, and the two big red dots are St. Bees and Robin Hood's bay. We'll be riding from St. Bees on the West Coast, to Robin Hood's Bay on the east, passing through the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the North York Moors National Parks, so the scenery should be good - and we'll be going through the Cumbrian Mountains (taking in Scafell, England's highest peak) and the Pennine hills, so the riding should be good.


No comments:

Post a Comment