17 June 2011

a million opportunities

When I was a youngster there wasn't much opportunity to get involved in outdoor activities. So now I'm running the church youth group I'm trying to make sure they won't be able to say the same thing when they get older.



It's the YF weekend this weekend. the main point of the weekend is to answer their questions about Christianity, but every year we organise something energetic for the Saturday afternoon.


Last year we had a surfing lesson from Troggs surf school


the year before Paul Blanchard took us on the High Ropes course at Busmills education centre.


This year I tried to arrange for Ben Ruddock to take us mountain biking, but that didn't work out. Instead, we're going canoeing on the Bann with Ben's dad, Robin.

I think he's planning to take us from the Cutts to Coleraine Marina.

If I'm not careful I'll have done the whole route in sections before Martin even gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment