26 March 2012

Deja Vu.

The local Boys' Brigade company are paddling on the Shannon this year for their Duke of Edinburgh Gold award.  They asked me if I'd help out, so I was able to join them for a training session on the Sixmilewater. 

Ricky from EyeFeelGood is running their training, and we had a great afternoon working on their understanding of how the wind and weight distribution affects the boat, and racing each other in every conceivable direction.(forwards, sideways, backwards, fastest to stop...)

The Practice weekend is 6th-8th April, starting in Antrim, paddling across the north shore of the lough and heading up the Bann to Coleraine.  Friday night we're stopping at Newferry, Saturday night at Movanagher.  I'm leaving them on Saturday evening because I've got stuff to do on Sunday morning.
I know there's a shortage of decent places to camp at the North end of the Bann, but I think we'll be finished very early on Saturday - which leaves a long journey on Sunday.  they're planning to leave by 5am.  yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment