23 February 2010

it's all worked out beautifully

On Friday I'd another appointment to get my splint adjusted, So I took the bike on the train again and rode there. Bit better prepared this time, I had canterburys on and a couple of geobars in my pocket, but I left my bottle of water on my desk in work.
When I was about a quarter of a mile from the OT's I felt the dreaded rumble.
Flat tyre.
No repair kit.
15 miles from home.

Pushing the bike, I was trying to think where the nearest bike shop was, when I almost walked past this:
"Can you fix a puncture?"
silly question to ask in a puncture repair shop.
"you'll have to leave it" they said.
"I'll be back in an hour" I said;
and crossed the road to see Ali for my appointment. After my appointment I picked up the bike, gave them a fiver and rode the rest of the way home. Couldn't have planned it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment