03 March 2010

ill advised

On Monday, with the ba in tow I decided to take a shortcut home along a section of singletrack that I usually ride when I'm starting out for a quick evening ride. Normally it's mostly down hill and I'm usually on the mountain bike. On Sunday I was taking it up the hill on the hybrid with the trailer behind me.

It was hard going, with the wheel spinning in the mud and branches slapping against me and the trailer, the ba looking round her totally bewildered, thinking I'd lost my mind. Every time a particularly big branch cracked against the trailer I'd look round to check she was OK. She wasn't fazed, just sitting there taking it all in.

At the top of the track when I was turning out onto the road I looked around and asked her if she was OK. She looked me in the eye, gave me a wee nod, and we went on our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment