17 March 2010

seeking sanctuary

On Thursday I had to burn a pile of DVDs for the women's organisation in church - but I was also scheduled to do 30 minutes cross training.
I'm an inventive soul, so I decided to combine the two.
Our church buildings are a modern sort of design, with the meeting house, two halls and various rooms all joined by corridors around a central atrium.
It takes our DVD printer about two minutes to print an image onto a disc.

I decided to find out how many times I could run round the corridors before a disc had fully printed.

So Disc in printer, press the start button, out the door, down 3 steps , along the corridor, through the corridor's swing doors, down 4 more steps, through the doors at the back of the main hall, left, along the long wall of the hall, through the hall's side door, fast as I could run past the kitchen and up the longest corridor, sharp left past the entrance to the sports hall, past the Committee room on the right and Session room on the left, up the 5 steps and round the decorative woodwork and up the three steps into the meeting house.

The disc had loads still to print, so the next disc I did two circuits, then three, then four and finally five. so if anybody ever asks you, it's possible to run round our church buildings five times between loading discs into the printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment