29 March 2010

what a week!

I rode to work on Monday - it took an hour and a half in the rain, and I got drenched. I was wearing my spd shoes which I haven't done for a while. They make the pedalling easier, but it was a bad choice of day to start using them - they're about as waterproof as a mosquito net.
On Wednesday my schedule said I had to do some cross training so I swam in the Mediterranean and ran on the beach in Larnaca for half an hour. I wish I'd had a mosquito net there - I've got some impressive bites.
Then yesterday I did two hours on the mountain bike, riding along the sixmile water, Rae's wood, Antrim's castle gardens, the cycle path to Randalstown, before riding home in the dark.

What's that I hear you say? Larnaca? Oh, yes. I'd some business to do in Cyprus, so I flew out on Tuesday and back on Sunday. It certainly made Wednesday's cross training a bit more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment